A simple, modular and highly customizable HTML 5 audio player for WordPress with support for playlists.
Open source code available on Github.com!
- Supports files directly from your WordPress install any other URL.
- No configuration required.
- Easy to use shortcodes.
- Full support for both playlists & stand-alone players.
- Playlists automatically play the next song on the list.
- Supports timeline scrubbing.
- "Smart Playback" ensures only one audio source can be playing on the page at once.
- Integrates with almost any theme.
- Highly "themeable" with custom CSS.
- Works with Gutenberg, Classic Editor and most page builders.
- Fully HTML5 Compliant. Uses the Web Audio API.
Download and install the project to the directory
Activate the plugin.
Setting up a stand-alone player:
For a simple "stand-alone" player insert a shortcode like this:
You can also supply optional metadata to the shortcode to display the track title, artist and album:
[aplayer url="http://somesite.com/dope-beat.wav" title='Dope Beat' artist='Mathieu Dombrock' album="Imaginary Machines EP"]
Setting up a playlist:
Initialize a new playlist with:
value can be anything you want but make sure it's UNIQUE.
Add a new track to the playlist with:
[aplayer-playlist-item playlist_id="test-playlist" url="http://somesite.com/dope-beat.wav" title='Dope Beat' artist='Mathieu Dombrock' album="Imaginary Machines EP"]
value here should match the ID you set when you initialized the playlist.
Aside from the
value, the rest of the parameters match the meta data supplied for the stand-alone player
The parameters aside from the
value, are optional here as well but highly suggested!
The playlist tracks will show up in the order they are inserted into the page, with the first track loading by default.